As a nonprofit, community organization, BTC Area Youth Benefit Corp.’s social responsibility is to support local youth and youth community organizations by providing financial contributions, in-kind services, and volunteer support. In keeping with our organization’s mission, we aim to address the needs of our youth and encourage them to become strong community leaders through active and engaged lifestyles while strengthening our bond with the community.
Our Charitable Contributions and Sponsorship Policy ensures that all BTC AYBC donations, sponsorships, volunteer activities, and in-kind services are coordinated and aligned with our organizational values, maximizes opportunities for organization visibility, fosters long-term community relationship, and are within our budget and resource limitations. All expenditures for donations and sponsorships will be handled accordingly below.
The following guidelines will be used in reviewing requests for donations or sponsorships and volunteer initiatives:
- Incoming or outgoing requests for sponsorships, charitable donations, volunteers, in-kind services, gifts, or give-aways must be made in writing and forwarded to the BTC AYBC board for research, review, and final disposition. The board will communicate directly with the requestor regarding all requests and coordinate any follow up documentation, and/or collateral activities such as ads, tickets, invitations, banners, etc.
- Only individual youth, youth programs, youth organizations, youth activities, or schools will be considered for donations, sponsorships, volunteer support, or in-kind donations.
- All contributions, sponsorships, and in=kind services will promote our organizational goals, create positive visibility, and demonstrate social responsibility.
- We will consider requests to support social, community, civic, educational, diversity, and economic endeavors if these support organizational goals and meet contribution guidelines and/or if BTC AYBC board members are involved in the governance of the organization.
- Requests from all local, regional, and/or school-based sports teams will be considered.
- All requests will be entered into a BTC AYBC donations and sponsorships spreadsheet by the community relations program coordinator and reviewed with formal recommendation by the BTC AYBC seven-member board.
The following exclusions apply:
- BTC AYBC will not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability with respect to employment, volunteer participation, or the provision of services.
- Requests that solicit financial support for political candidates, political campaigns, or entities that are not youth-based, will not be considered.
- Financial requests from for-profit businesses or organizations will not be considered.
- Financial requests for capital campaigns typically will not be considered.
Policy Updated: October 2020